In a previous post (from 2010!), my next steps were to:
Find ALLEN birth entries in Harborne parish registers
Locate family members on 1841 census (and beyond)
Find marriage record in Halesowen parish registers
Determine Isaac and Ann’s birthplaces/dates
1) These are all the baptisms I could find in the Harborne parish register:
Note that despite living in Birmingham at the time, the family still returned to Harborne to baptise Isaac and Mary Ann in 1826 and 1829.
2) The ALLENs were eventually located on the 1841 census in Churchill, Worcestershire near Kidderminster (there are quite a few Churchills I found out!). The family lived ‘next door’ to the Rectory but I am still unable to determine the exact whereabouts so far. Isaac and daughter, Mary were still there in 1851 – his wife Ann had since died.
3) The original Halesowen (Worcestershire) registers have not yet been seen by me but I was able to find a transcription here which gives the marriage date of Isaac ALLEN (bachelor) and Ann Phillis GEALEY (spinster) – both of the parish – as 26 August 1821.
4.a) The 1851 census gave Isaac’s birthplace as Moseley, Warwickshire, and sure enough an Isaac was born to Jeremiah & [Phebe] Allen in 1792 and baptised at the Moseley parish church – St Mary.
4.b) I have not been able to view Halesowen baptisms c.1790 so have not yet located Ann Phillis Gealey’s baptism but believe that is where she may be found.
- Find Ann Phillis Gealey’s baptism
- Locate siblings on 1851 census & beyond